SBCC made the long trek to Bakersfield pay off on Tuesday as the Vaqueros recorded their first shutout of the season with a 9-0 win over the Renegades.
Santa Barbara improved to 3-2 overall and 2-1 in the WSC West.
Andreas Fuerst and Alexander Martin posted an 8-5 win in No. 1 doubles, then recorded lopsided singles wins. Fuerst, a freshman from Denmark, beat Nayib Rivera 6-1, 6-3 at No. 1 and Martin, a sophomore from Adelaide, Australia, blanked Eduardo Garcia 6-0, 6-0 at No. 4.
"It was a convincing win and everybody dominated from start to finish," said Vaquero coach Nathan Jackmon. "We're continuing to get better every match."
The Vaqueros hope to continue their upward trend on Friday when they travel to Fullerton for a 2 p.m. match.
1. Fuerst/Martin, SBCC, def. Rivera/Contreras 8-5
2. Kiuchi/Kleine, SBCC, def. Garcia/Adkins 8-1
3. Fumat/Scharff, SBCC, def. Kroll/Villa 8-0
1. Andreas Fuerst, SBCC, def. Nayib Rivera 6-1, 6-3
2. Kyosuke Kiuchi, SBCC, def. Juan Contreras 6-1, 6-0
3. Alexander Martin, SBCC, def. Eduardo Garcia 6-0, 6-0
4. Pierre Fumat, SBCC, def. Connor Adkins 6-2, 6-1
5. Arthur Scharff, SBCC, def. Joseph Kroll 6-2, 6-0
6. Taylor Kleine, SBCC, def. Octavio Villa 6-0, 6-0