Joica Buyse, Ashley Allen and Sydney Paillon all earned two points apiece with singles and doubles wins on Friday as SBCC downed Orange Coast 6-2 in a non-confererence women's tennis match at Pershing Park.
It was the third win in four days for the Vaqueros (3-1). OCC fell to 1-2.
The Vaqueros got two points right out of the box as the Pirates had an incomplete lineup and forfeited the No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles.
The doubles were played first and SBCC took a 3-0 lead. SBCC's freshman duo of Kelly Coulson and Maura Mannix led 7-3 in No. 1 doubles, then OCC got to within 7-5 before Coulson held serve for the 8-5 victory.
The Buyse sisters, Jamaica and Joica, blanked Chloe Mason and Lillian Mason 8-0 at No. 2 doubles.
"In singles, our closest matches were at the top in the 1 and 2 positions," said coach Christina Klein. "At No. 1, Kelly had a rocky start, then almost came back to go to a third set. She was up 5-3, then Shayee Sherif came back to tie it 5-5 and eventually won the second set, 7-5.
"Maura Mannix at No. 2 had a nice comeback as she was down 4-1 in the second set, then rallied to tie it at 4-4 before losing 6-4."
The Vaqueros will return to WSC play on Tuesday when they host Santa Monica at 2 p.m. SBCC has won 17 straight WSC matches, dating back to March 29, 2018.
1. Coulson/Mannix, SBCC, def. Sherif/Moreno 8-5
2. Jamaica Buyse/Joica Buyse, SBCC, def. Chloe Mason/Lillian Mason 8-0
3. Allen/Paillon, SBCC, won by default
1. Shayee Sherif, OCC, def. Kelly Coulson 6-0, 7-5
2. Jade Moreno, OCC, def. Maura Mannix 6-3, 6-4
3. Jamaica Buyse, SBCC, led Chloe Mason 5-2, unfinished
4. Joica Buyse, SBCC, def. Lillian Mason 6-0, 6-1
5. Ashley Allen, SBCC, def. Audrey Sinclair 6-0, 6-0
6. Sydney Paillon, SBCC, won by default